Re: [list_a] Re: [Clip] Ad hoc Perl Regexp Replacements

  • Adkins, Brad J
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 20, 2003
      Here is an except from the README file in the OLE::Storage_Lite module:

      DESCRIPTION
      This module allows you to read and write an OLE-Structured file.

      The module will work on the majority of Windows, UNIX and
      Macintosh platforms.

      REQUIREMENT
      This module requires these modules:
      IO::Handle (included in IO)
      IO::File (included in IO)
      IO::Scalar (included in IO::Stringy)

      INSTALLATION
      The module can be installed using the standard Perl procedure:

      perl Makefile.PL
      make *** nmake on Windows
      make test *** nmake on Windows
      make install *** nmake on Windows
      make clean *** nmake on Windows

      Windows users without a working "make" can get nmake from:
      ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/nmake15.exe

      If you follow the instructions under "INSTALLATION", you should have no problems. You will have to get nmake first if you don't already have it. Look under requirements, download and install those first, generally in the order shown, before trying to install OLE::Storage_Lite.

      Good luck!

      ***

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 20, 2003
        Thanks Brad - that makes it a lot clearer. I'll have a crack at it in the
        next couple of days.

        Regards ... Alec

        > The module can be installed using the standard Perl procedure:
        >
        > perl Makefile.PL
        > make *** nmake on Windows
        > make test *** nmake on Windows
        > make install *** nmake on Windows
        > make clean *** nmake on Windows
        >
        > Windows users without a working "make" can get nmake from:
        > ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/Softlib/MSLFILES/nmake15.exe
        >
        > If you follow the instructions under "INSTALLATION", you should have
        > no problems. You will have to get nmake first if you don't already
        > have it. Look under requirements, download and install those first,
        > generally in the order shown, before trying to install
        > OLE::Storage_Lite.
        <snip>
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 20, 2003
          Hi Alec,

          I re looked my former post. However I came across, I didn't mean to be terse. Awkward, yes. Terse, no (not meant to be anyway).

          I've ActiveState Perl. (I didn't yet found out what distribution you have)

          I not try to sway you as to what you decide. But I've not learned to compile, not yet. It on my to do list.

          The ppm works with packages, so no compilation is needed.

          Anyway, I had neither the ole-storage_lite nor the mime-tools on my 'puter.

          (ppm query)

          So I just a few minutes ago installed them using ppm

          And now, I may/might be ready to run the msgconvrt.pl But I don't know what uses .msg if I have any those or not.

          But anyway so far I just wanted to and did see what happen by installing those two mentioned packages.

          I first installed ole-storage_lite (took less than a minute) its installation created two new folders as well as files as can see below

          Next I installed the mime-tools its installation added onto the pre existing mime folder also creating new files and three new sub folders therein. This one was the larger install of the two took probably near two minutes. (display of before and after further below)

          It looks to me like this package manager installs all needed files and packages that are needed for the particular module (package) that's installed.

          commands used:

          ppm

          install ole-storage_lite

          install mime-tools
          --

          Next two folders (OLE and IO did not exist until I installed ole-storage_lite)

          D:\Perl\site\lib\OLE

          Directory of D:\Perl\site\lib\OLE

          01/20/2003 05:38p <DIR> .
          01/20/2003 05:38p <DIR> ..
          11/27/2002 01:16a 55,791 Storage_Lite.pm

          D:\Perl\site\lib\IO

          Directory of D:\Perl\site\lib\IO

          07/15/2002 10:13p <DIR> .
          07/15/2002 10:13p <DIR> ..
          04/12/2002 01:50p 5,148 SessionSet.pm
          05/24/2002 06:46p 6,438 SessionData.pm
          06/14/2002 01:33a 4,937 AtomicFile.pm
          06/14/2002 01:33a 5,771 InnerFile.pm
          06/14/2002 01:33a 4,350 Lines.pm
          06/14/2002 01:33a 17,281 Scalar.pm
          08/22/2001 06:58a 14,929 Scalar.pm.html
          06/14/2002 01:33a 18,173 ScalarArray.pm
          06/14/2002 01:33a 12,645 Stringy.pm
          06/14/2002 01:33a 5,088 Wrap.pm
          06/14/2002 01:33a 15,090 WrapTie.pm

          D:\Perl\site\lib\MIME

          My MIME folder BEFORE installation of mime-tools

          Directory of D:\Perl\site\lib\MIME

          07/15/2002 10:13p <DIR> .
          07/15/2002 10:13p <DIR> ..
          12/06/2001 01:51p 5,993 Base64.pm
          12/06/2001 01:51p 3,071 QuotedPrint.pm

          My MIME folder AFTER installation of mime-tools

          Directory of D:\Perl\site\lib\MIME

          07/15/2002 10:13p <DIR> .
          07/15/2002 10:13p <DIR> ..
          12/06/2001 01:51p 5,993 Base64.pm