Re: [NTS] boolean+wanyword+(-ransack)

  • Jody
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 5, 2002
      Hi Alec & Hugo,

      Thanks, I tried it yesterday, but as far as I can tell it opened
      the whole file and that is no good, I mean it won't work for me
      that way. Perl is definitely out of the question, mainly due to
      the size of it. I also want to work with something that I know a
      little about. It is really not that big of a deal anyway, but I
      have a feasible work around for it. That is to make about 3
      wizard fields for up to 3 words/phrases using AND, then once the
      lines are returned in a file from 66 individual files, I'll just
      search for the BUT-NOT word in them using a ^!Replace "verse^p^p"
      >> "" ... It'll be quick like that. I may even use a checkbox
      wizard in the future, but I think that would be less helpful
      doing something like that. Anyway, thanks for your help and
      suggestions. I got the main thing I wanted which was the AND in
      any order. ;)

      >Jody, if the performance is halfway decent I thing you've got a
      >winner, and as Hugo said it looks "easy" to generate a WAN file
      >(by copying an existing one through a clip and just replacing the
      >two or three fields that would have to be changed each time).
      >
      >If the author is still actively supporting it maybe you could get
      >him to support a command line interface if you find it too
      >difficult to "drive" with clip code.
      >
      >What format is your source data - one file or multiple files? I
      >didn't play enough with be certain that WanWord can handle line
      >searches, paragraph searches (blank line delimited I guess), but
      >it did seem to do a pretty good job when I fed it the 15 or 20
      >text files I normally have open in Notetab.
      >
      >Being able to specify that "hits" be displayed in a font larger
      >than the normal one is really nice touch.
      >
      >Regards ... Alec

      Happy Script'n!
      Jody Adair

      UnSubscribe, Options