More PowerPro

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15 6:49 AM
      PowerPro is an interesting program, is anyone else experimenting with
      it?

      I have added a few more buttons to my menu. A few launch selected
      applications or urls (just like a Windows Shortcut would). One
      toggles on and off all the icons on my desktop. One is an active
      button that shows the current date and time. Click it and it shows
      the current calendar month. A few buttons are showing specific
      wallpaper pics without updating which one boots (by choice).

      One button launches my burner program (and sends it a series of
      keystrokes), but first it pauses the windows task scheduler and
      disables my virus auto protector. It does so by right clicking their
      tray icons and then sending keys to trigger to the appropriate
      commands on their context menus. I could have added more commands,
      such as when Nero closes to re-enable the scheduler and virus
      scanner, but I decided I didn't want extraneous checking going on
      simultaneous with CD burning. So I added separate button to do the
      re-enabling.

      Something else I tried, was adding hotkeys specifically targeting
      Notetab. This worked fine. You can set up clip hotkeys (using
      command line options as I do with Windows Shortcuts) in PowerPro.
      But unlike with Windows Shortcuts, these hotkeys are only active when
      Notetab is active. You can designate the same hotkeys to do different
      tasks in different programs, and you are not limited to Ctrl+Alt or
      Shift+Alt key combos. The only combinations that gave me problems in
      Notetab were the Alt combos that are used by the Notetab's top level
      menu. Sometimes after using such a redefined hotkey, Notetab's menu
      had focus.