92PowerPro & AutoIt (was AutoIt)

    Sep 25, 2002
      Sheri, Mike
      Here's the URL to PowerPro's yahoo-list
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/power-pro/
      One of its users (and a couple of others - with me cheering from the
      sidelines and waiting till its complete is putting together a tutorial
      on PowerPro scripting
      here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/power-pro/ - Have a look in its
      Files section. Its still a work in process but Alexandros is trying to
      make the scripting capabilities more accessible.

      The author just converted from HLP help to CHM help. From the CHM help:

      >>Running Built-In Commands from the Command Line
      You can run built-in (*) commands from a command line. This could be
      used to execute PowerPro commands from shortcuts or batch command files.

      PowerPro must already be running. Type the built-in command, action, and
      parameters on the command line. For example
      C:\program files\PowerPro\PowerPro.exe *Menu Show MyMenu
      shows menu MyMenu from the running PowerPro program

      <<

      and

      >>Sending Keys to Other Windows
      Samples
      Use the *Keys command to send keystrokes to other windows. Sending keys
      can be used to send text to the receiving window or to automate
      functions of the receiving window. For example, functions on menus can
      often be accessed by Alt-ab where a is the first character of the menu
      name and b selects an item on that menu.
      <<

      The problem is I don't really know enough about either to be sure what
      can be done in one and what can be done in the other, let alone which
      is "better".

      My understanding of what you were doing:
      A clip initiates an autoit script which raises a dialog which you can
      interact with to tell the clip to continue, abort (or possibly (?) send
      it some additional info) replacing the native mechanisms that clips have
      to communicate with the user. Approximately correct?

      again from PPro help:
      >>Prompting for Yes/No
      Use *Exec Prompt to prompt for a Yes/No answer an set a flag with the
      result. For example:
      Command*Exec
      Action:Prompt
      Parameter14 Any text
      displays a message box with "Any Text" and sets flag 14 according to
      whether the result is yes or no.
      You can also prompt for a yes/no/cancel result by using a variable
      instead of a number:
      Command*Exec
      Action:Prompt
      Parameterc Any text
      Displays a yes/no/cancel dialog and sets c to 0 for no, 1 for yes, 2 for
      cancel.
      <<

      I'm not too sure about modal vs non-modal (ie (?) whether the other app
      is waiting on the AutoIt or can proceed while the AutoIt message-box is
      sitting there waiting to pass a message (?))

      >>modal
      Mode oriented. A modal operation switches from one mode to another.
      Contrast with non-modal.
      <<
      >>non-modal
      Not mode oriented. A non-modal operation moves from one situation to
      another without apparent mode switching.
      <<

      I always get these confused. In Notetab, the Find is non-modal and the
      Options is modal. Have I finally got that straight or is it the other
      way around.
      --
      Regards ... Alec