519RE: [NTS] Re: regular expression to find anything up to two spaces in a row ...

    Jun 22, 2011
      John,

      Not quite. Look ahead and look behind assertions are very useful, I agree but
      \K and (?<=...) [the positive look behind assertion] are NOT EXACTLY the
      same. The big difference (and what makes \K so much better), is that the
      escape sequence \K allows variable length sub patterns whereas the positive/
      negative look ahead/look behind assertions all require fixed length sub
      patterns.

      Namaste', Art

      At 06/21/2011 19:12, John wrote:
      >[Off to look up (?= ) and see what it means.]
      >
      >I use it often. It is the inverse of \K - which doesn't capture anything
      >before, but it evaluates it.
      >(?=), when used in a regex, is exactly the same, meaning anything that
      >follows is not captured,
      > but is evaluated.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic