517Re: [NTS] Re: regular expression to find anything up to two spaces in a row ...

  • Don
    Jun 21, 2011
      From Regex Buddy (my newest friend ...):

      "Positive lookahead works just the same. q(?=u) matches a q that is
      followed by a u, without making the u part of the match. The positive
      lookahead construct is a pair of round brackets, with the opening
      bracket followed by a question mark and an equals sign. You can use any
      regular expression inside the lookahead. Any valid regular expression
      can be used inside the lookahead."

      If I understand correctly, I can then actually do this:
      (?=( ))
      and create a back-reference if I wish?

      Learning as I go here :-) and it's fun. Thanks Axel and Eb!