495Re: [NTS] Re: Trying to perfect RegExp to match various numbers

  • Don
    Mar 29, 2011
      I'll be honest, I read and did not understand. You just want to sort
      the middle column in that set of number?
      Will they always be in columns like this and you only want to catch the
      middle? What is the ===== between the File=====number=====filename?
      Tab? spaces?
      It appears to be tabs. Are their only three things on each line?

      On 3/29/2011 8:26 AM, mycroftj wrote:
      > During more thinking in the middle of the night...
      > I could do without the code for the commas. This would make it much easier for me to understand and also be easier for anyone who will be taking the time to help me with this.
      >> My ultimate goal was to create a script that (left) space or zero pads numbers to a fixed length for sorting.
      >> Actual data looks something like
      >> File 67817 Id.ppt
      >> File 691037 20dat.sys
      >> File 69870 Lock.doc