459Can you please help???

  • RudiV
    Nov 18 2:18 PM
      Hopefully, you folks are less arrogant than Julian, and allow me to have a pro-active exchange¡K

      As a retired IT guy of 35 years, knowing unix (realtime), I never had much need to use Perl (though I could work SED faster than many folks using a GUI), the only syntax I know is SQL¡K So any help here is greatly appreciated in completing this project for my Grandson and his Buddies¡K

      Thanks in advance¡KRudi

      ¡§Hi Rudi,

      As explained in our documentation, our customer support service does not have the time resources to help you develop regular expressions.¡¨

      This looks likes some very promising software for my use. I was able to get what I was trying to accomplish done, but it took a lot of extra time as I do not really know how to use your software yet. If the following can be accomplished; will need the example syntax from you folks, I will buy the Pro Version and learn the rest on my own.

      I¡¦ve attached a jpeg file of the data file I am trying to convert. My question below references this screen shot:

      (For this Message Board I¡¦ve converted the jpeg to text, I hope there are some smatter folks here than at Fookes¡¦s Tech-Support, they do not seem to want to attract or hold new customers ƒº)

      Jpeg converted to text:

      line 1: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" standalone="yes" ?>
      line 2: <cardset setname="5D's Starter Deck 2009"
      line 3: releasedate="2009-06-09"
      line 4: card_count="43">
      line 5: <card id="5DS2-EN001"
      line 6- name="Gogiga Gagagigo"
      type="Normal Monster"
      <card_text>His soul long-since collapsed, his body recklessly continues onward, driven by a lust for more power. He no longer resembles his former self....</card_text>
      Line etc: </cardset>

      I had to do the Replace option in 3 steps: as I could not figure out how to embed the CRLF and the end of each line into the find command)

      1) Line 2 as: find: <cardset(.*) replace with ABCDEF
      2) Line 3 as: find: releasedate(.*) replace with ABCDEF
      3) Line 4 as: find card_count(.*) replace with ABCDEF
      4) Save as a txt file
      5) Use Notepad to find ABCDEF and replace with a blank line.

      (I could not figure out what character in your software to specify in the replace field for a blank line)

      What I would have liked to have been able to do was steps 1-3 above in 1 find sequence (syntax?) and then have replace replace the found string with blank lines.

      Thanks in advance for you assistance!!!

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic