403Re: [NTS] Changing CR & LF

  • loro
    Jun 1, 2008
      Art Kocsis wrote:
      >I am trying to make a small clip efficient by using RegEx but am getting
      >What I am trying to do is convert any text file (Unix or Windows) to a
      >single spaced
      >windows file, i.e., one using CRLF as a line terminator.
      >My plan was to change all LFs (0Ah), to CRs (0Dh), and then collapse all
      >single and multiple CRs
      >to a single NL (0D0Ah).
      > ^!Replace /l+ >> /r TIWR
      > ^!Replace /r+ >> /n TIWR
      > ^!Replace /r+ >> /l R
      > ^!Replace /l+ >> /n R
      >However, this does not work as NoteTab (Std or Pro, v4.95), seems to
      >ignore any changes to the LF char. In fact, all it does is complain with
      >"/l+" Not Found.

      I think that Notetab always uses CR/LF when it has a document open.
      If you instead use the disk search (F3) I think it'll work. I don't
      know regex, so I won't go there, but I know it works when I use the
      NTP tokens for LF and CRLF, ^L and ^P. No reason it shouldn't work with rexexp.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic