402Changing CR & LF

    Jun 1, 2008
      Hello,

      I am trying to make a small clip efficient by using RegEx but am getting
      nowhere.

      What I am trying to do is convert any text file (Unix or Windows) to a
      single spaced
      windows file, i.e., one using CRLF as a line terminator.

      My plan was to change all LFs (0Ah), to CRs (0Dh), and then collapse all
      single and multiple CRs
      to a single NL (0D0Ah).

      ^!Replace /l+ >> /r TIWR
      ^!Replace /r+ >> /n TIWR
      or
      ^!Replace /r+ >> /l R
      ^!Replace /l+ >> /n R

      However, this does not work as NoteTab (Std or Pro, v4.95), seems to
      ignore any changes to the LF char. In fact, all it does is complain with
      "/l+" Not Found.

      I have tried every combination /variation that I could think of.
      What am I doing wrong?

      Thanks for any help.

      Namaste', Art
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic