383Sorry to bother once more.

  • janderri
    Feb 4, 2008
      Hi,

      I've owned NoteTab Pro for a few years now, but it is only of recently
      that I've been digging most of the helpfiles, and need it some special things to do.
      Until 2007 I've used it primarily for quite normal text-processing, silly, I know :)

      But the find/replace/regexpr spaghetti is quite beyond my hat, especially because there's simply no single logic in it.

      For example, in the Find method you use a special string to search for some nexline-sequence, while in the replace field you need another string to get the same thing done.

      Some of the thousands of things i want to do, but haven't been able yet is :

      1) Search for a line beginning with - and make the following char Uppercase (only if this char is not another - sign).

      2) Make the first char uppercase, only if the previous line ended with a period (.) or questionmark (?)

      3) Search for a comma (,) followed by anything, as long as if it's not a linebreak OR a digit, and add a space after it if so.

      4) Change the uppercase of the first char of a line ONLY if the previous line ended with textchar OR dot (.) or questionmark (?), if the previous line ended with digit, look at the 2nd previous line and check for the same line-ending. Only then make first char Uppercase.

      5) and last but not least, wouldn't it be nice to have a real forum for discussion/help, like for example http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/ ?

      Thanks for the help, I'm only learning and I'm completely stumped.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic