369Re: [NTS] Re: Dot matching newlines??

  • Alan C
    Nov 1, 2007
      On Nov 1, 2007 2:05 PM, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:
      > --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, "Alan C" <acummingsus@...> wrote:
      >
      > > You can buy a new Dell nowadays with Linux on it. (I don't know if
      > > that's a sign of a trend or not).
      >
      > I'm still entrenched in Windows myself, but definitely not attracted
      > to Vista, so you never know. PCRE comes from a Linux environment btw.
      > Also, its my understanding that in some of the latest versions of Perl
      > you can tell it to use PCRE for regex matching! One of the reasons I
      > like PCRE is we get use some of the latest developments in regex/Perl.
      > PCRE has features of Perl 5.10 but the latest ActiveState Perl I can
      > get is still several years old (around 5.8.8).

      I'm a subscriber at next

      http://www.theperlreview.com/

      At there, can see in Perl 5.9.5 (devel, not stable) has named
      captures, coming in Perl 5.10

      Does Notetab have named captures?

      I see it also has at there url the 1st page of the named captures
      article (I'm unaware how much is disclosed in the 1st page)

      (the name tag [ for person to wear ] has (I guess) a named capture on
      it) -- as usual, I need to study more (always behind in my studies)