337Re: little square box  after script runs

    Sep 29, 2005
      --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, "acummingsus" <acummingsus@g...>
      wrote:
      [ snip ]
      > (perhaps this might better) It can be done with clip code at very end
      > of clip as in:
      >
      > H="clip"
      > ^!RunPerl perl_para_moddr
      > clip_code_here_2_rid_char_26
      >
      > H="_perl_para_moddr"
      > perl_code_here
      > end_of_perl_code

      OR (using Perl to rid char 26)

      H="clip"
      ^!RunPerl perl_para_moddr
      ^!clip_code_here_to_*select*_only the last several lines of doc
      ^!RunPerl _pl_badchar26

      H="_perl_para_moddr"
      perl_code_here
      end_of_perl_code

      H="_pl_badchar26"
      #!perl
      $badchar = chr(26);
      while (<>) {
      s/$badchar//;
      }

      (in the substitution) I don't think you need either the parenthesis or
      the extra $ which in this/her/Sheri case the extra $ signify
      end_of_string.

      This latter that I presented is suppose to work in theory due to look
      in help about ^!RunPerl works either a selection of text or the whole
      doc if there's no selected area!!!!

      And (since the last two lines of doc are selected) it
      (H="_pl_badchar26") would only run/work/process only on the last line
      or two of the doc (so, *VERY* quick).