335Re: little square box  after script runs

  • rpdooling
    Sep 29, 2005
      Alan,

      Following those links of yours, she had another that just ran it on
      the last line:

      if (eof && $] > 5.006) {
      $badchar = chr(26);
      s/($badchar)$//;
      }

      Do the authorities (Jody et al.) know about this?

      Thanks so much, again, for the code. I've noticed it does not happen
      on some scripts. I'll keep reading those other messages.

      Rick

      --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, "acummingsus" <acummingsus@g...>
      wrote:
      > if ($] > 5.006) {
      > $badchar = chr(26);
      > s/($badchar)$//;
      > }
      >
      > That, by Sheri, rids it. (either called at end or used as very last
      > part of your script)
      >
      > Grant explains the issue:

      > I agree with Grant. Also I think it is Notetab more than anything
      > else and that it coincides with ntb doesn't have full, 100% unicode
      > support unless I'm mistaken.
      >
      > ntb didn't do this with Perl 5.6.X
      >
      > ntb char 26 issue began when Perl 5.8.X came out. Perl 5.8.X has
      > improved unicode support above/over what Perl 5.6.X had.
      >
      > I've Perl script tool/macro used with other editors on Win, these
      > editors don't have the issue. Notetab is the only one that does this
      > char 26 for me.

      > Alan.
      >
      > --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, "rpdooling" <rpdooling@y...> wrote:
      > > I'm sure this is something I should know, but I don't.
      > >
      > > When I run a Perl script in NoteTab, any script, even Numlines, as
      > > near as I can tell, I get a little square box added to my text after
      > > the script runs. Like so I don't know what it will look like when
      > > I post this.
      > >
      > > Anyone know what that could be?
      > >
      > > It's there whether I turn on invisible characters or not.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Rick
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic