30Re: [NTS] Hotkeys for clips using Windows shortcuts

  • john041650
    Sep 7 8:15 AM
      Don, you don't need a clip to do that, although I have several that do..

      To force Windows Explorer to open in a default location, use something like the following in a Windows shortcut:

      C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE /n, /e, c:\mine

      /n = always opens in a new window.
      /e = forces 2 pane view

      I use Windows 2000, on my machine and I can launch the Explorer and have it go to a folder called C:\Mine with the following clip:

      ^!Shell "C:\WINNT\explorer.exe" /n, /e, c:\mine

      FWIW I use Powerdesk instead of the Windows Explorer.. If you happen to have that program, I have a clip that opens that file manager in a lot of different ways, including the default file path of the active file in NoteTab.

      John

      --- In ntb-scripts@y..., "Don Passenger" <dpasseng@i...> wrote:
      > Sheri,
      >
      > If you can work with windows explorer (see snip below), is it possible to
      > have a clip which opens explorer and takes me to a particular folder for
      > navigation? I spend hours opening explorer and then it always is in my
      > c:\startmenu folder and from there I have to negotiate to another drive d:\
      > and ... etc.

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic