272Re: [NTS] The ANSI 26 character

    Dec 23, 2003
      Hi Sheri,

      maybe we'll find out something yet . . .

      The next zip file has 4_Alan.clb inside the zip file with an added clip.

      4_Sheri.zip Your clb now has 3 clips in it. the first two work, the # 3 does not it strips doc.

      It is the # 3 that was working for you but not for me.

      The # 3 still does not work for me.

      If the # 3 works for you then there is something different between your 'puter and mine because that one does not work here.

      I'd read about the installations, thus I had uninstalled 5.8.0 before I installed 5.8.2

      also I restored a previous Ghost image with no Perl at all installed. On the sys with no Perl on it, I installed the Perl 5.8.2 and i get the exact same result, # 3 clip does not work here.

      On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 01:19:39 -0000, Sheri wrote:
      > --- In ntb-scripts@yahoogroups.com, "Alan C." <acumming@c...> wrote:
      >> On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:49:28 -0000, Sheri wrote:
      >> Your url doesn't work for me at this time.
      >
      > Try it this way:

      >> I've already ruled out the files.  Obviously works on Win XP.  But
      >> Win 2k with some differences.
      >
      > I am still not convinced. Perl is supposed to be cross platform. We
      > are running the same build of Perl under similar platforms.
      > Meanwhile don't forget that it also works on 98.
      >
      > My Win98 MSVCRT.DLL is version 6.1.8924.0
      > In XP it is version is version 7.0.2600.1106
      >
      > The only relevant thing I found searching google for msvcrt.dll and
      > Perl 5.8 was that if you have Windows 95 you have to download it
      > from ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/softlib/mslfiles/msvcrt.exe, otherwise
      > it come with Windows. I noticed that some of my software has private
      > copies of various versions of msvcrt.exe.
      >
      > I also spotted a warning against installing 5.8 over top of 5.6 and
      > some suggestion that you shouldn't have both versions installed. I
      > installed 5.6, renamed its folder, then installed 5.8. I just rename
      > the folders when I want to use one or the other. The live one needs
      > to be in C:\Perl\bin. That worked fine on Windows 98. But having so
      > recently installed, I've really only been using 5.8 so far under XP.
      > I haven't tried to install any ppm packages yet.
      >
      > Sheri
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic