258Re: [NTS] The ANSI 26 character

    Dec 20, 2003
      Hi All,

      FWIW the 5.6.x versions of Activestate Perl did not get the box character into Ntab like the 5.8.x versions do.

      Pl 5.8 supports Unicode (if I've got the name of it correct). Isn't this support there a lot of requests for it in Ntab 5?

      There was a sizeable difference between Pl 5.6 and 5.8 as far as that Unicode support. 5.6 may not have supported it or else very significantly less so.

      The box char I think is considered a control char. Thus it needed to be escaped in my regex substitution.

      A few months back I went looking to see if I could find a command line switch for 5.8 that would turn off the Unicode.

      Turned up nothing though.

      Just in attempt to experiment, see if that stop the box char.