251Re: [NTS] The ANSI 26 character

    Dec 19, 2003
      On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:24:19 +0100, Piotr BieĊ„kowski wrote:
      > Hi again,
      >
      > Has anybody figured out how to write scipts for Perl 5.8.0 so that the "code 26" character (which shows as a box in NoteTab) does not appear?

      A few months ago I went and queried on some Perl newsgroup if there be a commandline switch or anything to stop it from happening. But no. Evidently it is not Perl but it is a NoteTab specific thing (whilst piping from Ntab back and forth to Perl etc.).

      Sheri's. But I just now couldn't get her's to work with Activestate Perl 5.81 build 807 on Win 2k SP4

      that control char seem to Ntab inroduces it into Ntab at point just after the last } of Perl script

      how the actual script appears for me in Ntab:
      http://users.cwnet.com/acummi/temp/pl_char.gif

      3 clips next fix it here for me. And also, see further below for needed alteration instructions and for an alternate to these next three clips.

      H="pl_pltst"
      ^!RunPerl pl_tst
      ^!RunPerl pl_tst2

      H="_pl_tst"

      while (<>) {
      $item = $_;
      print $item;
      # $total = $total + $_;
      $total = $total + $item;
      }
      print "--------\n";
      print $total;

      H="_pl_tst2"

      while (<>) {
      s/\26//;
      print ;
      }
      #---end

      that control char do not show up in my email client. so, a few lines right above here where the #---end is there you'll see 26

      the box (control char) from Ntab when copied and pasted so that in script the box shows in place of where the 26 is above (replace 26 above with the actual box char itself). That worked for me. But keep in mind it's its own separate script that goes over the doc and deletes any and all those box (control) character(s). OR,

      instead of that separate Perl script, in your original script to add (the one s/ line):

      print $item;
      # $total = $total + $_;
      $total = $total + $item;
      }
      s/\26//;
      print $total;
      #---

      since that is precisely where Ntab introduces that control char into doc. once again the 26 above need be replaced with the actual box char itself copied and pasted from Ntab.

      either those above two works here.
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic