220Re: [NTS] Re: Registry Browser (Notetab+Perl)

    May 14, 2003
      Hi Alan,

      At 01:32 AM 5/14/03 -0700, you wrote:
      >Woop woop
      >
      >I'm all excited! I just got Win32::TieRegistry to work!

      Congratulations!

      >I found more about it
      >
      >http://www.xav.com/perl/site/lib/Win32/TieRegistry.html
      >
      >clicked on "specifying constants in your perl code" (code sample below came from there)
      >
      >the single / works and everything!
      >
      >But I still don't know how to READ :-(

      If by that you mean read a value using Perl instead on Notetab's ^$GetRegValue$, I was able to do it in my script (that doesn't use $Registry) using

      ($valueString,$valuetype) = $key->GetValue("$valname");

      Unfortunately, the clip won't resume after perl if I use print $valueString and its the wrong type of data, e.g., $valuetype 3 seems to be Binary.

      >The next creates a few new keys (i then examined them with regedit and then used regedit to delete them) was harmless on my win 2k.
      >
      >Be forwarned: to create the wrong type key in the wrong place in the registry can spell disaster!

      LOL! I should run it after such a warning? <G>

      Well, maybe later.

      Sheri :)
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic