188clip 2 pass filename 2 runperl.bat

    Feb 16 12:31 AM
      Hello,

      For what it's worth (if anything) I discovered there's a native runperl.bat in perl's bin folder and the bin folder is in my (search) path.

      To launch/run a current doc perl script (a substitute for typing in the command console)

      ^!Shell "^$GetShort("^**")$" "runperl"

      evidently that passes the current doc's filename to runperl.bat which in turn gets the script/arguments etc. into perl

      (I guess), I never did understand batch files very much.
      --

      perhaps NoteTab's ^!runperl somehow utilizes runperl.bat

      --
      Regards. Alan.