161Re: [NTS] Re: Source Code Management

    Nov 16, 2002
      Hello All,

      >Depending on what
      >you do with the outline text during retrieval, there could be issues
      >with other characters as well. As long as you're aware of it, these
      >issues can be overcome by using StrReplace to temporarily replace
      >the characters before and after various operations, and by treating
      >the source code as "code" rather than the text.

      I realize you're speaking of retrieving from an outline doc.

      But doesn't a non-executable clip in a clip library (round dot) just paste its text into the current document. Well it does, I know that. I've sometimes used them to store things that I paste. But I've not done it enough to know whether certain characters can/cannot have any impact.

      So I wondered if it ought be mentioned