100Re: PowerPro vs. Wingo

    Oct 10, 2002
      --- In ntb-scripts@y..., "John Zeman" <john041650@y...> wrote:
      > Hi Sheri,
      >
      > To follow up your FYI with a FWIW, I was a diehard Norton file
      > manager for Windows 95 fan for a lot of years.. It was, and in
      some
      > ways still is, the very best file manager I'd ever used.. But it
      > wasn't perfect, and Windows 2000 Pro doesn't like it.. So I made
      the
      > switch to PowerDesk Pro which can be found at:
      >
      > http://www.v-com.com/product/pd_ind.html
      >
      > One of the easy to use features of PowerDesk is its favorites.. I
      > can easily create shortcuts to any folder I want..
      >
      > Norton spoiled me, but IMHO PowerDesk is a pretty good replacement..
      >
      > John :)

      Hi John,

      I missed the Norton Commander craze, but I am familiar with
      PowerDesk, at least with an older version from its days as Mijenix
      shareware. I liked it, especially its integrated file viewer. Looks
      like it has acquired a lot more admirable features in its latest
      version.

      Hope I didn't mislead anyone into thinking PowerPro is a file
      manager, but I initially misread your message and thought I'd missed
      a handy "favorites" feature in PowerPro. Turns out maybe I had. You
      can get PowerPro to track which folders you use in Open/Save
      dialogs. It can automatically make a menu from these "favorites" and
      you can send a selected path to an open Open or Save dialog.
      Possibly a useful concept.