Looking for old freeware - HiLiText

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 25, 2014
      Hi!

      I've lost a small freeware called HiLiText. I got the tip about it
      from Don Doernberg on this very list, but it was more than 10 years
      ago. Anyway, there is no free version any more and I was hoping
      someone else might have the old freeware and could share. Tips about
      similar, free or cheap, programs are also welcome.

      You can see at the page for the new paid version what it's about.
      It's very simple. It highlights all occurrences of a word in an open
      document, much as many browsers' Find tool can do today.
      http://www.fanix.com/hilitext.html

      Lotta
    • Bob McAllister
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 25, 2014
        On 26/04/2014 1:37 PM, loro wrote:
        > Hi!
        >
        > I've lost a small freeware called HiLiText. I got the tip about it
        > from Don Doernberg on this very list, but it was more than 10 years
        > ago. Anyway, there is no free version any more and I was hoping
        > someone else might have the old freeware and could share. Tips about
        > similar, free or cheap, programs are also welcome.
        >
        > You can see at the page for the new paid version what it's about.
        > It's very simple. It highlights all occurrences of a word in an open
        > document, much as many browsers' Find tool can do today.
        > http://www.fanix.com/hilitext.html
        >
        > Lotta

        Described as the "last freeware version".
        http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/util/text2.html
      • fw7oaks
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 26, 2014
          Listed here as version 1.1 - Freeware

          Given in good faith but without any guarantee

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 26, 2014
            Bob McAllister wrote:
            >loro wrote:
            > > Hi!
            > >
            > > I've lost a small freeware called HiLiText.
            >
            >Described as the "last freeware version".
            >http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/util/text2.html

            Thank you guys! The freeware sites I found link to the file on Fanix
            server, and there it of course isn't anymore.

            Alas it doesn't work with all programs, as for example Notetab, but I
            don't think it ever did. Now I have it again anyway.

            Lotta
          • Sheri
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 26, 2014
              On Apr 26, 2014 8:24 AM, loro <tabbie@...> wrote:
              > Alas it doesn't work with all programs, as for example Notetab, but I
              > don't think it ever did. Now I have it again anyway.

              No promises but if you haven't yet, try it with the standard and free versions of NoteTab. Since they use a standard input control, your highlighter program might work fine with one or both of them.

              Regards, Sheri
              Sent from my Nook HD+
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 26, 2014
                At 15:33 2014-04-26, you wrote:
                >On Apr 26, 2014 8:24 AM, loro <tabbie@...> wrote:
                > > Alas it doesn't work with all programs, as for example Notetab, but I
                > > don't think it ever did. Now I have it again anyway.
                > >

                >No promises but if you haven't yet, try it with the standard and
                >free versions of NoteTab. Since they use a standard input control,
                >your highlighter program might work fine with one or both of them.

                That's a though. I'll download them. New(ish) computer, haven't put
                all stuff on yet. But it actually doesn't work with Notepad either,
                but with some other editors and word processors. Maybe I'll try the
                paid version after all, but I think it's a little pricey for doing
                just this single thing.