Re: [ntb-linux] NoteTab still unstable (and pretty unusable)

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 15, 2007
      I know that NoteTab Pro does not have this issue, for
      me anyway. Is there some reason not to use Pro?

      > After trying to use NoteTab in Wine for some months
      > now, I've concluded
      > that the problem with text not reassembling properly
      > after cut and/or
      > paste is just too much to deal with. NoteTab is OK
      > for minor
      > adjustments but just isn't up to major amounts of
      > editing.
      >
      > I had to do a major update to a site and gave up on
      > NoteTab/Wine and
      > had to boot XP to get the job done. Ugh.
      >
      > I never did install the Crossover trial to see if
      > NoteTab and Photoshop
      > would work better in that environment. I'll try to
      > do that soon and
      > report back.
      >
      > sisterscape

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • Don Crowder
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 15, 2007
        On Saturday 15 December 2007 13:40, sisterscape wrote:
        > After trying to use NoteTab in Wine for some months now, I've concluded
        > that the problem with text not reassembling properly after cut and/or
        > paste is just too much to deal with. NoteTab is OK for minor
        > adjustments but just isn't up to major amounts of editing.
        >
        > I had to do a major update to a site and gave up on NoteTab/Wine and
        > had to boot XP to get the job done. Ugh.
        >
        > I never did install the Crossover trial to see if NoteTab and Photoshop
        > would work better in that environment. I'll try to do that soon and
        > report back.

        I've been learning to use Gedit and, with limited exceptions, it works for me.
        The only thing I still do with Windows is convert my plain text ezine to
        HTML, for the online issue, using a little Windows freeware called "Text2web
        Pro" but I've found a command line utility to do the job in Linux and will,
        eventually, take the time to learn how to use it. Of course there's a better
        than even chance that Text2web Pro will run under wine. :)
        --
        Don Crowder
        http://www.don-guitar.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 15, 2007
          On Saturday 15 December 2007 13:48, Larry Hamilton wrote:
          > I know that NoteTab Pro does not have this issue, for
          > me anyway. Is there some reason not to use Pro?

          I hated the font choices in Pro. It just didn't "feel" like NoteTab to me. I
          also bought Standard and only used it for spell checking. *shrug*
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 15, 2007
            Last time I tried Pro, I didn't care for it very much but I decided to
            give it another try. It is now running in Wine. You're right that Pro
            doesn't have the garbled text issue. Hallelujah!!! All in all it seems
            pretty solid. The only minor annoyance is the need to move the cursor
            out of frame when changing libraries. Unless something major appears,
            I'll just switch to Pro. Yeah, I'm a slow learner . . .

            I also installed the Crossover trial. Photoshop is less quirky but I
            don't know whether that alone is worth the cost. I installed NT Light
            too but it wouldn't launch. I'll need to do a little more
            investigating about that.

            Just spending the night experimenting with this and that . . .

            sisterscape

            --- Larry Hamilton <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:

            > I know that NoteTab Pro does not have this issue, for
            > me anyway. Is there some reason not to use Pro?

            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          • John Walling
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 16, 2007
              I have been running NTP for 1 week.  I am not a power user so I may be working in the "safe zone".  I depend on the outline function and it works well.

              John
              FireFox 2.0.0.11
              Gnome 2.20.1
              NoteTab Pro (Trial) 5.41