[wine] New Wine 0.9.49 Released

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2007
      WinHQ release Wine 0.9.49 last week.

      It is available for Debian Etch and Slackware.

      On Debian Etch, it seemed to clear up the bottom of the screen cursor
      issue in NotePro, but it is still there on Slackware.

      NoteTab Light still requires the Windows dlls to work. There were some
      changes to the Wine richedit dlls, but not yet enough to avoid the
      need for their Windows counterparts.

      I did not see anything that looked like it made much difference, but
      it can't hurt to upgrade and see if something specific to your
      computer is resolved. Since Debian Etch seems to run Pro without a
      hitch, users of Pro on Ubuntu may find benefit in upgrading.

      If you upgrade and this gives positive results please let us know.

      When Pro was run from the command line on Slackware, it gave lots of
      fixme messages, but seemed to run fine, still having the bottom of the
      page issue.

      Remember to run wineprefixcreate after a Wine update to make sure
      everything is in order.

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2007
        The update finally appeared on the Ubuntu respoitory about a week ago.
        Took some time for me to get around o testing it.

        The weird problem when text is cut, pasted or moved is still there. At
        least no new problems have appeared.

        Photoshop was doing very strange things after the upgrade. But running
        wineprefixcreate put things back in order. Thanks for the tip, Larry.