Re: [ntb-linux] [wine] Re: This list may be getting some press so start posting!!

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 21, 2007

      > Sisterscape,
      >
      > I read Joe Barr all the time and get lots of helpful tips from him.
      >
      > This is a little bigger start than I had in mind, but if it gets
      > NoteTab the attention it deserves, then all the better.
      >
      > Maybe some more proficient in the Wine side of things can shed some
      > light on the messages we get behind the scenes from Wine.
      >
      > I'll post the announcement on the NoteTab Basic list, now that this
      > is
      > out there on a big Linux list.
      >
      > Thanks for the press!
      >
      > Larry

      Well, I wasn't expecting this turn of events when I posted the
      invitation. I just wanted to let the local folks know about the new
      list in order to get as much input as possible.

      We're just so lucky to have Joe (and lots of other very talented
      people) active in the group. I'm hoping some of them will join on this
      list. But just in case they don't (not much sympathy for anything
      associated with Windoze plus lots of top notch sys admins who do most
      everything in CLI), I'll also be posting over there and repost any
      relevant info back over here.

      Earlier this evening I tried updating a site in NoteTab/Wine and made a
      long list of operations that weren't working properly. I'll post them
      a bit later.

      Wow! Talk about starting off with a bang!!

      Luggage? GPS? Comic books?
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 21, 2007
        <snip>
        > Well, I wasn't expecting this turn of events when I posted the
        > invitation. I just wanted to let the local folks know about the new
        > list in order to get as much input as possible.

        I believe that's the Dallas, TX LUG, right? It is one of the bigger
        ones, and has several influential members of the Linux community.

        > We're just so lucky to have Joe (and lots of other very talented
        > people) active in the group. I'm hoping some of them will join on this
        > list. But just in case they don't (not much sympathy for anything
        > associated with Windoze plus lots of top notch sys admins who do most
        > everything in CLI), I'll also be posting over there and repost any
        > relevant info back over here.

        Good idea!

        > Earlier this evening I tried updating a site in NoteTab/Wine and made a
        > long list of operations that weren't working properly. I'll post them
        > a bit later.

        Great! Be sure and use the threads I set up for solutions/workarounds,
        or known issues, as appropriate. I want to use these threads for
        building a FAQ to help others. Such information will also help get
        things done for Wine to play nicer with NoteTab on WineHQ.

        > Wow! Talk about starting off with a bang!!

        I'm showing my age, here. A bit of the theme song to a TV show I loved
        as a little kid, "F Troop", came to mind. "With a bang and a boom!" ;-)

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 21, 2007

          > I believe that's the Dallas, TX LUG, right? It is one of the bigger
          > ones, and has several influential members of the Linux community.

          Dallas? OMG,no!!! Try Austin. ;)

          > Be sure and use the threads I set up for
          > solutions/workarounds,
          > or known issues, as appropriate.

          I just posted a long list!

          > I want to use these threads for
          > building a FAQ to help others. Such information will also help get
          > things done for Wine to play nicer with NoteTab on WineHQ.

          This is going to be a great project!!

          > I'm showing my age, here. A bit of the theme song to a TV show I
          > loved
          > as a little kid, "F Troop", came to mind. "With a bang and a boom!"
          > ;-)

          "F Troop"? Nah! Try Howdy Doody and The Lone Ranger . . . LOL!!!!

          Need a vacation? Get great deals
          to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
          http://travel.yahoo.com/
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 21, 2007

            > --- lm_hamilton <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:
            >

            > > I believe that's the Dallas, TX LUG, right? It is
            > one of the bigger
            > > ones, and has several influential members of the
            > Linux community.
            > >

            > Dallas? OMG,no!!! Try Austin. ;)

            It's late and I'm going from memory. At least I had a
            city in Texas. ;-)

            > > Be sure and use the threads I set up for
            > > solutions/workarounds,
            > > or known issues, as appropriate.
            >
            > I just posted a long list!

            Yup! I was able to duplicate a couple of things. See
            my reply to that post.

            > This is going to be a great project!!

            Of course!

            > "F Troop"? Nah! Try Howdy Doody and The Lone Ranger
            > . . . LOL!!!!

            I grew up on re-runs of the Lone Ranger.

            When my Mom was sick in the hospital before she died,
            the doctor about her same age could not believe she
            did not grow up with Howdy Doody, when he made some
            reference from the show. She grew up in southeaster
            Colorado. TV stations were too far away to make a TV
            more than a fancy table. ;-)

            My kids look at me like I'm from Mars when I reference
            a common thing from old TV shows. My 15 year old is
            into 80's music, back from my high school and college
            days. He's more into heavy metal, which I wasn't and
            still am not into. It reminds me of when I still had
            hair. ;-)

            http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html