Re: [wine] New Wine 0.9.46 Released

    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 3, 2007
      --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, "lm_hamilton" <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:

      > I just looked at WineHQ.org and see that Wine 0.9.46 has been
      > released.

      I just found the location for all the Debian related Wine packages,
      and for Debian Etch 4.0 Wine 0.9.45 is the latest available.
      http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/archive/index.html

      I will either have to switch to Ubuntu or compile from source, unless
      an update is forthcoming for Debian.

      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 4, 2007
        --- Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:

        > I upgraded to it but can't see any difference.
        >
        > Lee

        After the upgrade, NoteTab seems to be running well. In addition,
        Photoshop 7 is now loading correctly!

        http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 4, 2007

          > After the upgrade, NoteTab seems to be running well. In addition,
          > Photoshop 7 is now loading correctly!

          Did you see that NoteTab 5.5 was released today?

          Both Light and Pro are running well on my Slackware box.

          I'll update my Debian box later tonight.

          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 4, 2007

            > Did you see that NoteTab 5.5 was released today?

            No I hadn't so thanks.

            I installed it a few minutes ago and the issue with the garbled text
            remains. Here's the link to the screenshot -
            http://www.eartherdesigns.com/ss/text.gif. You never commented on this
            when I first posted it. Either moving the text out of the window or
            changing the size of the window (even slightly) sets things right.

            Cursor still needs to slide off the tab when changing libraries.

            So no change with NoteTab Light 5.5 or the updated Wine.

            Sister

            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 13, 2007

              > Here's the link to the screenshot -
              > http://www.eartherdesigns.com/ss/text.gif. You never commented on
              > this when I first posted it. Either moving the text out of the
              > window or changing the size of the window (even slightly) sets
              > things right.

              What are the steps to make this occur? I would like to see if I can
              duplicate it.

              Thankfully, there are two easy workarounds.

              Please clarify what you mean by, "moving the text out of the window".

              Thanks,

              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 13, 2007

                > What are the steps to make this occur? I would like to see if I can
                > duplicate it.

                Just cutting and/or pasting causes this to happen. Sometimes adding or
                eliminating white space will do it too.

                > Please clarify what you mean by, "moving the text out of the window".

                Scrolling would be a more accurate term. If you scroll the text off
                screen then bring it back, the text is no longer garbled.

                New Wine version is not yet available in the Synaptic updates. I'll
                check again tomorrow.

                http://farechase.yahoo.com/
                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 17, 2007
                  On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 02:33:24 -0000 "lm_hamilton" <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:

                  | --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, sisterscape <sisterscape@...> wrote:
                  | >
                  | > After the upgrade, NoteTab seems to be running well. In addition,
                  | > Photoshop 7 is now loading correctly!
                  |
                  | Did you see that NoteTab 5.5 was released today?
                  |
                  | Both Light and Pro are running well on my Slackware box.
                  |
                  | I'll update my Debian box later tonight.
                  |
                  | Larry

                  I upgraded to the new Wine version but no changes yet.

                  If I upgrade to NoteTab Pro 5.5 will I lose my current settings, etc.? I'm thinking it just installs on top of the current one, as if it were a new program, wiping out the old settings.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 17, 2007
                    --- Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:
                    > I upgraded to the new Wine version but no changes
                    > yet.
                    >
                    > If I upgrade to NoteTab Pro 5.5 will I lose my
                    > current settings, etc.? I'm thinking it just
                    > installs on top of the current one, as if it were a
                    > new program, wiping out the old settings.

                    Lee,

                    If you already have NoteTab version 5.x, the only
                    thing that is overwritten are the standard clip
                    libraries, and help files.

                    http://mail.yahoo.com