Re: Debian review

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 20, 2013
      Thanks for thinking of me.  I actually have had several versions of wheezy already running on a test box since last year so am familiar with it.  I won't be 'upgrading' my squeeze install but rather doing a clean install alongside squeeze on my 'working' box.

      That reviewer is an idiot!! I love this teaser up top:

      "To be kind, this latest Debian Linux release has little or no flash-bang impact under its hood."

      That's exactly why Debian is my OS of choice!! Specifically I will be installing Refracta which is a pared down repackaged version. You can read about it here (new website a work in progress):

      http://www.saynotogmos.org/ss/refracta/home_ds.html

      I particularly appreciate refractasnapshot/installer which makes backups and creating a 'live' version of a working system a breeze