Re: [ntb-linux] Focus problem

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 6, 2013
      Okay, I found a actual ".deb" pkg (from Ubuntu even) which, after installing the "new and [alleged] improved version" of Wine, I installed it with no problems (so far). AND I have fixed the focus problem! Here is the link for those who want to obtain a version of Wine 1.0.1:

      http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/wine1.0 way down at the bottom.

      (And no, the "force version" wouldn't give me the 1.01 version.)

      Yes, I know that some people think it's better to have the most current version of software, but that's not always the best option (e.g., the newest version of Windows before all the security updates). But one of the reasons I switched to Linux is because I don't want a company continually telling me I have to upgrade in order to help their bottom line. The few software pkgs I do run under Wine run just fine under this version so the reason I should upgrade is what? (I know you, sisterscape, completely understand this one). Everything (as I said, so far) works just fine, I'm happy, so what's the big deal?

      Thanks for the help.

      Lee Underwood

      http://leeunderwood.org/
      http://www.linkedin.com/in/LeeUnderwood2
      http://twitter.com/Lee_Underwood

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 9, 2013
        Happy to hear you got it working. I have yet to face that challenge on Wheezy. Will probably be fall before I get around to transitioning.