Re: [ntb-linux] Focus problem

    Message 1 of 7 , May 23, 2013
      Is there a 'force version' option available in synaptic? If not here are some options for older versions.

      Wine archives:
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/wine/files/Source/
      http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/wine/source/

      Squeeze packages:
      http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/otherosfs/

      How to build a .deb (may not work on 'buntu):

      There are plenty of options to play with there. Have fun!!

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 6, 2013
        Okay, I found a actual ".deb" pkg (from Ubuntu even) which, after installing the "new and [alleged] improved version" of Wine, I installed it with no problems (so far). AND I have fixed the focus problem! Here is the link for those who want to obtain a version of Wine 1.0.1:

        http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/wine1.0 way down at the bottom.

        (And no, the "force version" wouldn't give me the 1.01 version.)

        Yes, I know that some people think it's better to have the most current version of software, but that's not always the best option (e.g., the newest version of Windows before all the security updates). But one of the reasons I switched to Linux is because I don't want a company continually telling me I have to upgrade in order to help their bottom line. The few software pkgs I do run under Wine run just fine under this version so the reason I should upgrade is what? (I know you, sisterscape, completely understand this one). Everything (as I said, so far) works just fine, I'm happy, so what's the big deal?

        Thanks for the help.

        Lee Underwood

        http://leeunderwood.org/
        http://www.linkedin.com/in/LeeUnderwood2
        http://twitter.com/Lee_Underwood

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 9, 2013
          Happy to hear you got it working. I have yet to face that challenge on Wheezy. Will probably be fall before I get around to transitioning.