Re: [ntb-linux] Problem with cursor focus

    Message 1 of 20 , May 1 10:51 AM
      Just had a thought . . . have you tried to force the version back to 1.0?

      Message 2 of 20 , May 1 3:00 PM
        Ah, I hadn't thought of that. I could give it a try and see. Thanks.

        Message 3 of 20 , May 3 3:41 PM
          Well, that was a bust. It will only allow me to use either v.1.2.2 or v.1.1.42. Anyone have any other suggestions? Meanwhile, I'm going to try the Wine site and the Ubuntu forum.

          Lee

          Message 4 of 20 , May 6 1:40 PM
            Very interesting. I had given up and was going to fully remove Wine (which I did) and then install the latest version because a guy from the Wine forums was going to help me with each problem I had. In order to get to Wine 1.4 I needed to add a new source to the repositories list, as per the Wine site (for Ubuntu distros). So I did and then when I went to install the latest version I HAD A LINK TO V. 1.0! I figured what the hey, so I installed it and am now back to where I was originally (as we are all, or were, as the case may be). Even the font is same the old one, much easier to read.

            Oh well, I know it's a few steps back but then these are only incremental versions of the first one, i.e., v. 1.0, anyway so as sisterscape, "version 1.0 works" so "if it ain't broke, why change it?". I do believe the operating system and related software should be kept up-to-date, but with Wine I'm only running a few programs, and NoteTab Pro has become an important one (and Wine is not perfect anyway).

            So, for now, it's a good day again ... so far.

            Lee