Re: [ntb-linux] Problem with cursor focus

    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 30, 2012
      Do you mean current version of Ubuntu or Wine?

      With Ubuntu 11.x and up, the new interface makes alt+tab a little off for me. I have to try a couple of times to get it to go to the program I want. This is whether I have a program running in Wine or not.

      Larry Hamilton

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 30, 2012
        It doesn't happen to any program not running under Wine so it must be related to Wine (v.1.2.2), although it could be a combination of both (I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 - I like the LTS versions) because it didn't happen when I was running Ubuntu 8.04 and an earlier version of Wine. I am "trying" to see what makes it happen but I usually am working away and (sometimes) ... poof ... it's gone. It doesn't happen all the time but it is frustrating when it does. I don't know if it makes a difference but when I ran NoteTab Pro 6.2 using the terminal I got the follow errors (there not dups, it printed out all three errors):

        fixme:font:load_VDMX No suitable ratio found
        fixme:font:load_VDMX No suitable ratio found
        fixme:font:load_VDMX No suitable ratio found

        I can't seem to find what this means and if it is related to the "missing program" problem (although I doubt it seeing as it mentions the font). As was previously mentioned, it ran fine (with the known problems of the cursor) under Wine v.1.

        BTW, does anyone know who to "bring the program back" so I can switch to it? It's still running -- I can see it in the System Monitor.

        Lee

        > Do you mean current version of Ubuntu or Wine?
        >
        > With Ubuntu 11.x and up, the new interface makes alt+tab a little off for me. I have to try a couple of times to get it to go to the program I want. This is whether I have a program running in Wine or not.
        >

        > Larry Hamilton
        >
        > ________________________________

      • fw7oaks
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 30, 2012
          --- On Mon, 4/30/12, Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:

          [snip]

          > BTW, does anyone know who to "bring the program back" so I can switch to
          > it? It's still running -- I can see it in the System Monitor.

          Hi Lee

          Perhaps this will point you in the right direction

          Since I can't lose my NoteTab I don't know if it will work but it works on a background NoteTab using Gnome 2.30 on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS from a command prompt type

          wmctrl -R Notetab

          HTH

          fw
          Message 4 of 20 , May 1, 2012
            Thanks, I'll give it a try and let you know.

            Lee

            Message 5 of 20 , May 1, 2012
              Just had a thought . . . have you tried to force the version back to 1.0?

              Message 6 of 20 , May 1, 2012
                Ah, I hadn't thought of that. I could give it a try and see. Thanks.

                Message 7 of 20 , May 3, 2012
                  Well, that was a bust. It will only allow me to use either v.1.2.2 or v.1.1.42. Anyone have any other suggestions? Meanwhile, I'm going to try the Wine site and the Ubuntu forum.

                  Lee

                  Message 8 of 20 , May 6, 2012
                    Very interesting. I had given up and was going to fully remove Wine (which I did) and then install the latest version because a guy from the Wine forums was going to help me with each problem I had. In order to get to Wine 1.4 I needed to add a new source to the repositories list, as per the Wine site (for Ubuntu distros). So I did and then when I went to install the latest version I HAD A LINK TO V. 1.0! I figured what the hey, so I installed it and am now back to where I was originally (as we are all, or were, as the case may be). Even the font is same the old one, much easier to read.

                    Oh well, I know it's a few steps back but then these are only incremental versions of the first one, i.e., v. 1.0, anyway so as sisterscape, "version 1.0 works" so "if it ain't broke, why change it?". I do believe the operating system and related software should be kept up-to-date, but with Wine I'm only running a few programs, and NoteTab Pro has become an important one (and Wine is not perfect anyway).

                    So, for now, it's a good day again ... so far.

                    Lee