Re: [wine] New Wine 0.9.46 Released

    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 1, 2007

      > --- lm_hamilton <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I just looked at WineHQ.org and see that Wine 0.9.46 has been
      > > released.
      > >

      > Synaptic found the Wine update this morning (I have added the
      > repository to the sources list) but I thought I'd hold off updating
      > for a bit. Have you given it a spin yet?

      I may get to it tonight. If not, tomorrow night.

      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 1, 2007
        On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 15:53:47 -0700 (PDT) sisterscape <sisterscape@...> wrote:

        | Synaptic found the Wine update this morning (I have added the
        | repository to the sources list) but I thought I'd hold off updating for
        | a bit. Have you given it a spin yet?

        I upgraded to it but can't see any difference.

        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 3, 2007

          > On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 15:53:47 -0700 (PDT) sisterscape
          <sisterscape@...> wrote:

          > | Synaptic found the Wine update this morning (I have added the
          > | repository to the sources list) but I thought I'd hold off
          updating for
          > | a bit. Have you given it a spin yet?
          >

          > I upgraded to it but can't see any difference.

          Finally have some time to look at this.

          I found your information of Specs, etc. I know you are running Linux
          on a laptop, but do not recall if you indicated what make and model it
          is. I have gone through the lists and not seen this. - I may just need
          new glasses. :-/

          I have to get NotePro on my Debian box, and see what I get.

          Will report soon.

          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 3, 2007
            On Thu, 04 Oct 2007 00:16:30 -0000 "lm_hamilton" <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:

            | Lee,
            |
            | Finally have some time to look at this.
            |
            | I found your information of Specs, etc. I know you are running Linux
            | on a laptop, but do not recall if you indicated what make and model it
            | is. I have gone through the lists and not seen this. - I may just need
            | new glasses. :-/
            |
            | I have to get NotePro on my Debian box, and see what I get.
            |
            | Will report soon.
            |
            | Larry Hamilton

            Larry,

            The specs are:
            Acer Aspire 3690-2900
            CPU: Celeron M 420 (1.6 GHz/1M)
            LCD: 15" XGA
            Memory: 512MB DDR2

            I really appreciate your help in this.

            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 3, 2007
              --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, "lm_hamilton" <lm_hamilton@...>
              > Lee,
              >
              > Finally have some time to look at this.
              >
              > I found your information of Specs, etc. I know you are running Linux
              > on a laptop, but do not recall if you indicated what make and model it
              > is. I have gone through the lists and not seen this. - I may just need
              > new glasses. :-/
              >
              > I have to get NotePro on my Debian box, and see what I get.
              >
              > Will report soon.

              I'm running Debian Etch (4.0) on this other PC, a desktop with twice
              the RAM and CPU speed of my other PC. The newer one has an Nvidia
              graphics card with 32 MB RAM, the older PC has an Intel graphics card,
              not sure about the video RAM. I have Wine 0.9.45. Having problems with
              the repository and cannot get 0.9.46 to be available.

              I do not have an issue with the cursor at the top. I have tried
              several things and I cannot make it happen.

              I DO have the issue with the cursor at the bottom.

              To re-create what I have, go to the bottom of a page, the cursor is on
              the last line of the file. Press ENTER and it adds a new line, but the
              cursor looks like it is in the same place. However, if I start typing,
              the text goes to the correct location, i.e. where the cursor should
              be. For some reason, the appearance of the cursor's location does not
              match its true location.

              This is the same symptom as on my other PC.

              I also get a flickering as I move from one tab to another. It is more
              pronounced on the older PC. It is more prominent if the clipbook and
              the quicklist are both open, and an OTL file is open.

              If I turn off the Ruler, Line Numbers, Libraries Bar, Status Bar, and
              Non-Printing text, it is less noticeable. All but the Non-printing
              text is on by default. Part of this must be a resource issue.

              I am running NoteTab Pro with this commandline:

              wine "c:\program files\NoteTab Pro 5\NotePro.exe"

              I get this in the terminal:

              fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x1002e), partial stub!
              fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!
              fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x1002e), partial stub!
              fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!

              I turned off the NoteTab Splash screen and these messages went away.

              I will try to resolve my issues with getting the latest wine. However,
              as I cannot duplicate your issue, I will check and see if the messages
              you reported can point us in the direction of a resolution.

              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 3, 2007

                > Larry,
                >

                > The specs are:
                > Acer Aspire 3690-2900
                > CPU: Celeron M 420 (1.6 GHz/1M)
                > LCD: 15" XGA
                > Memory: 512MB DDR2
                >
                > I really appreciate your help in this.

                Glad to help.

                Thanks for this information. I did a quick Google and a search of
                WineHQ.org, and nothing of obvious assistance.

                I wonder if it has anything to do with the video driver. What is the
                video card make/model? How much video RAM? That may be of use.

                One other thing, do you have another monitor you can hook in to see
                how that handles the display? With my laptop at work, I can hook up a
                monitor and run that way. If you do have a monitor to try, is it LCD
                or VGA?

                I'm going between desks here in my home office, and do not have all my
                notes on this PC, so I'll try a few more things, and give an update.

                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 3, 2007
                  --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, "lm_hamilton" <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:

                  > I just looked at WineHQ.org and see that Wine 0.9.46 has been
                  > released.

                  I just found the location for all the Debian related Wine packages,
                  and for Debian Etch 4.0 Wine 0.9.45 is the latest available.
                  http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/archive/index.html

                  I will either have to switch to Ubuntu or compile from source, unless
                  an update is forthcoming for Debian.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 4, 2007
                    --- Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:

                    > I upgraded to it but can't see any difference.
                    >
                    > Lee

                    After the upgrade, NoteTab seems to be running well. In addition,
                    Photoshop 7 is now loading correctly!

                    http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 4, 2007

                      > After the upgrade, NoteTab seems to be running well. In addition,
                      > Photoshop 7 is now loading correctly!

                      Did you see that NoteTab 5.5 was released today?

                      Both Light and Pro are running well on my Slackware box.

                      I'll update my Debian box later tonight.

                      Message 10 of 16 , Oct 4, 2007

                        > Did you see that NoteTab 5.5 was released today?

                        No I hadn't so thanks.

                        I installed it a few minutes ago and the issue with the garbled text
                        remains. Here's the link to the screenshot -
                        http://www.eartherdesigns.com/ss/text.gif. You never commented on this
                        when I first posted it. Either moving the text out of the window or
                        changing the size of the window (even slightly) sets things right.

                        Cursor still needs to slide off the tab when changing libraries.

                        So no change with NoteTab Light 5.5 or the updated Wine.

                        Sister

                        Message 11 of 16 , Oct 13, 2007

                          > Here's the link to the screenshot -
                          > http://www.eartherdesigns.com/ss/text.gif. You never commented on
                          > this when I first posted it. Either moving the text out of the
                          > window or changing the size of the window (even slightly) sets
                          > things right.

                          What are the steps to make this occur? I would like to see if I can
                          duplicate it.

                          Thankfully, there are two easy workarounds.

                          Please clarify what you mean by, "moving the text out of the window".

                          Thanks,

                          Message 12 of 16 , Oct 13, 2007

                            > What are the steps to make this occur? I would like to see if I can
                            > duplicate it.

                            Just cutting and/or pasting causes this to happen. Sometimes adding or
                            eliminating white space will do it too.

                            > Please clarify what you mean by, "moving the text out of the window".

                            Scrolling would be a more accurate term. If you scroll the text off
                            screen then bring it back, the text is no longer garbled.

                            New Wine version is not yet available in the Synaptic updates. I'll
                            check again tomorrow.

                            http://farechase.yahoo.com/
                            Message 13 of 16 , Oct 17, 2007
                              On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 02:33:24 -0000 "lm_hamilton" <lm_hamilton@...> wrote:

                              | --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, sisterscape <sisterscape@...> wrote:
                              | >
                              | > After the upgrade, NoteTab seems to be running well. In addition,
                              | > Photoshop 7 is now loading correctly!
                              |
                              | Did you see that NoteTab 5.5 was released today?
                              |
                              | Both Light and Pro are running well on my Slackware box.
                              |
                              | I'll update my Debian box later tonight.
                              |
                              | Larry

                              I upgraded to the new Wine version but no changes yet.

                              If I upgrade to NoteTab Pro 5.5 will I lose my current settings, etc.? I'm thinking it just installs on top of the current one, as if it were a new program, wiping out the old settings.

                              Message 14 of 16 , Oct 17, 2007
                                --- Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:
                                > I upgraded to the new Wine version but no changes
                                > yet.
                                >
                                > If I upgrade to NoteTab Pro 5.5 will I lose my
                                > current settings, etc.? I'm thinking it just
                                > installs on top of the current one, as if it were a
                                > new program, wiping out the old settings.

                                Lee,

                                If you already have NoteTab version 5.x, the only
                                thing that is overwritten are the standard clip
                                libraries, and help files.

                                http://mail.yahoo.com