Re: [ntb-linux] Re: black border interfering with edit area

  • Al
    Message 1 of 18 , Aug 12, 2011
      al@P5Q:/var/log$ pwd
      /var/log
      al@P5Q:/var/log$ ls | grep Xorg
      Xorg.0.log
      Xorg.0.log.old
      al@P5Q:/var/log$

      You need to look at your X server's log file, Xorg.0.log it resides
      under /var/log on Slackware.

      BTW the video drivers are loaded by the X server (vid drivers do not
      show with the lsmod command - at least it's this way on slackware).
      Above log file tells you which vid driver(s) loaded successfully or not.

      BTW, FWIW, in the slackware forum (I regularly follow this forum for
      years and years) at linuxquestions.org for longer than the last 7 or 8
      months, many (unhappy) posts about Intel video driver. Such driver been
      under heavy development (generally impacts stability ie covers many
      models Intel vid hardware - the challenge to not break other Intel
      hardware models while improving for some models). Some those posts,
      they get it to working alright.

      if that is the problem it seems like it should be a LOT
      more common, shouldn't it?

      How many people are using Notetab in Wine on your version of Ubuntu with
      the same Intel vid hardw as yours?

      How many members are there on this ntb-linux emailing list?

      If that other poster who is also with the same prob could do lspci as
      you did and then post the results.