Re: [ntb-linux] NoteTab on iPad

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2011
      Here's the same advice I gave on the Clips list, so we have it in this group's archives.

              If you can install Wine on an iPad, or if you can install Windows on an
      iPad, or if there is some other Windows emulation

              software for iPad then you have a chance.

              I don't have the free cash for an iPad, so all I can suggest is Googling for Windows emulation software for iPad.

      If anyone else has an iPad that they can try this on, let us know.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8, 2011
        I tried Google and got mixed results. Looks like maybe a full VM software and then install a version of Windows, then can use NoteTab.

        http://www.tuaw.com/2011/03/09/vmware-brings-virtual-machines-to-ipad/

        http://www.toggle.com/tag/download+virtualbox+for+ipad.htm

        I then went to the Wine website, http://www.winehq.org/, and in the search box typed in "ipad" and found this thread:

        http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-users/2011-April/088820.html

        This is in response to a guy asking about running WoW in Wine on his iPad.

        First of all, if you want to run Wine, you're going to have to
        jail-break your iPad. Apple will never approve it for the App
        Store--at least, not by itself.

        Second, the iPad doesn't have an x86 CPU in it. It has an ARM
        CPU in it. Wine barely even supports ARM natively.

        If no one else on the list answers, then perhaps you are the first and will need to let us know what it takes to get NoteTab to work.

        ~ Larry