Re: [ntb-linux] Re: black border artifact covering up first 1 or 2 lines of text

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 11, 2011
      Alan,

      Go point. I did not think of that. I believe we earlier had a few who had some issues a while back that seemed to be driver related.

      I'm Running Ubuntu 10.10 and don't have a problem, but it is a desktop. Laptops have different video hardware, etc. Ubuntu is usually good at supporting a broad range of hardware, and should work fine on newer laptops.

      Sean - Is this a newer laptop? As Alan suggests, trying a change of setting on the video driver may help.

      Larry

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 11, 2011
        Hi All,

        linux.clb reports:

        Date: February 11, 2011
        Hardware: Generic
        Processor: i686 unknown unknown
        RAM: 1219MB
        Operating System: Linux 2.6.35-22-generic #33-Ubuntu SMP Sun Sep 19 20:34:50 UTC 2010
        Window Manager: Gnome
        Type: NTP
        Name: NoteTab Pro 6.2
        Wine: wine-1.2.2

        Wine Thinks This is:
        Platform: Win32_NT
        Version: WinXP

        I think I only noticed this black border artifact after upgrading my motherboard (with built-in video).

        Regards,
        MarkH