the "Other Browser"

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2010
      Alright, this may be old hat to some people but I just found out a cool thing in NoteTab Pro.

      When writing content or developing Web pages I generally work with PHP-based files, which means I need my Linux machine running under my XAMPP-based development or Firefox just spins. However, the other day I had a *.htm file in NoteTab Pro and I tried displaying it in Firefox (which I have never seemed to get it to do). But, looking under the "Tools" menu, I selected the "Other Browser" and, surprisingly, it brought up the "Wine Internet Explorer" -- which I never knew I had! (And I don't mean the "IE 6.0 implementation" one) While the Wine Internet Explorer is not the greatest (it's missing the menu bar, I wasn't able to view the source etc., access new windows or popup windows -- anyone know how?), it does display the file for a quick view. I was even able to click on a link and access the Internet. Then I also figured out that, unlike Firefox without the XAMPP system running, I can display .php files in the Wine Internet Explorer with no problems. (I can also get a v-e-r-y general idea of what pages look like in those other guys.)

      Anyone know how to directly enter URLs to view other pages on the Web?

      As I said, this may be old hat to many of you but I feel like a kid in a candy store. Now, if I need to do a quick check, I don't need to start up the XAMPP system; I only need to change the file extension from .php to .htm. Oh my gosh! This is the first time I have been excited about some Windows-based/related product in years. (Please don't hold it against it ... heh, heh.)

      Later,