Re: [ntb-linux] Wine 1.3.6 Released

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2010
      The stable branch, now 1.2.1, has fixed a few of the issues.

      I would suggest that all new users go to the most current stable version available.

      The issues of clicking on the library tabs at the bottom, and the cursor at the bottom of the page are the two that remain. I believe there is a third, but as with the first two, we have documented how to get around them as they are minor.

      Still, the benefit of open source, is that it takes a lot for your preferred version to quit working, unlike Microsoft.

      One thing that I would like to see is NoteTab's pasteboard function work with the native OS's clipboard. The Notepad that is installed with Wine, and other apps installed via Wine work. I was testing this and stumbled across something, just now. The pasteboard can capture information from the native OS clipboard if you immediately copy something from a Wine-based app.That means it is very close to being able to work. I wish I had time to look into this further today. Not sure when I'll have time to do so.

      Larry