Re: [ntb-linux] Re: Ubuntu default text editor

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 23, 2010
      --- On Thu, 7/22/10, Ben B <benb_i26up@...> wrote:

      > Is there an advantage to doing this or is it just a
      > personal preference?
      > I realize that extensions are meaningless to Linux but it's
      > convenient
      > for me and I retain the habit.
      >
      > Ben B

      It is personal preference. I create a LOT of plain text files in the same folder and it makes it easier to focus on the titles - just looks cleaner. Almost all other files retain an extension. Only exception I can think of is the editing file in Avidemux which is created without an extension and I have no idea what it is so can't add it.