Wine 1.2 Released

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2010
      Wine 1.2 was officially released today.

      The builds for various platforms are in the process of being built.

      Here's the quote from the WinHQ home page:

      "This release represents two years of development effort and over 23,000 changes. The main highlights are the support for 64-bit applications, and the new graphics based on the Tango standard.

      It also contains a lot of improvements across the board, and over 3,000 bug fixes. See the release notes <http://www.winehq.org/announce/1.2> below for a summary of the major changes."

      Source: http://www.winehq.org/

      One of the main issues reported as fixed, that I can confirm:

      "- The strange window management behavior used by Delphi-generated
      applications is better supported now."

      With 64-bit support from this version, I suspect that it will resolve odd issues that users on 64-bit OSes may have experience.