Wine 1.2-rc7 Released

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2010
      Hello all!

      Wine 1.2-rc7 Released on Friday, July 9, 2010. It will be the final release unless there are any new issues found.

      I finally got the free Windows 7 update installed on my new PC - that I got in October, and then configured to dual-boot Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid).

      I also just got the latest release candidate of Ubuntu installed.

      My new PC is 64-bit, but I used the 32-bit version of Ubuntu, as it said the 64-bit was not ready for daily use.

      The Wine install was fine, as it was a clean install. I was also impressed that it changed the icon on the install files to show the typical wineglass icon of a Windows installer.

      I then installed NoteTab Light from a fresh download from NoteTab.com.

      It installed and started up in a flash!

      The flashing that occurs with CTRL+Tab and CTL+SHIFT+Tab is fixed.

      The issue of the disappearing buttons when minimize and restore is fixed.

      I then installed NoteTab Pro and confirmed the above two are fixed, but our third most common issue still exists.

      The issue of the appearance of the cursor not advancing when pressing enter is still an issue. It happens on both outlines and regular text files.

      I will review the other reported issues and update the NoteTab pages on the Wine products list. I will report back any other issues that I run into.

      Please advise the rest of us of any new issues with NoteTab and the current beta of Wine.