Re: [ntb-linux] Re: NTB clipbooks on a MacOSX

  • Len Tyree
    Message 1 of 21 , May 26, 2010
      Hi and thanks...
      But I do not understand why I am getting all of these e-mails explaining the NTB workings on a MAC OS system.

      I am running Ubuntu 10.04, and the problem is I am unable to extract
      anything from my USB Drive, a seagate 160 GB drive. The system says it
      does not recognize the drive??? It did work ok on ubuntu 9.10, but then it closed down??

      I reloaded Ubuntu 9.10 but then it would not work again??

      Any ideas?

      ________________________________

> [...]

          > hidden folders in order to find where the .clb are kept.
          >
          > Alan.

          If you drill down to NTB Libraries via /home/<user>/.wine/ you will find
          an empty (NTB) Libraries folder in the end.

          Drilling down your mounted windows partition, however, will find you
          your *.clb files.

          If I launch NTB with wine (under Fedora 12), NoteTab loads all the Clips
          in the Program Files\NoteTab\Libraries folder.

          The location of the Clips may be a pointer.

          If the Clips are stored in C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\,
          or C:\Users etc in Windows 7, you may have to do some extra configuring
          of wine or possibly copying the Clips to the NTB program
          folder\libraries will be enough.

          But this is all Linux talk and I wonder/doubt if the original poster
          with the MAC OS problem can do anything with this info.

        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 21 , May 26, 2010
            Hi Len,

            On 26 May 10 08:00 Len Tyree <len_tyree@...> said:
            > But I do not understand why I am getting all of these e-mails
            > explaining the NTB workings on a MAC OS system.

            And I do not understand why you should feel the need to spam this
            list.

            You have joined a list that discusses NoteTab on Linux. Earlier in
            this thread it was established that MacOS is based on a variety on
            Unix as is Linux.

            The moderators have clearly decided that this is close enough to the
            list objectives to be allowed.

            If you wish to challenge this decision, please take it up with the
            list owner in private mail and not by spamming this list. As with all
            Yahoo-based lists you can do this through a mail to:
            ntb-linux-owner@yahoogroups.com

            Greg
          • cgauffin
            Message 5 of 21 , May 26, 2010
              Feast your eyes:

              Mac HD > Users > Claes > Library > Application support > Wine > prefixes > NoteTab > drive_c > users > claes > Application data > NoteTab Pro > Libraries

              //Claes

              --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:

              > On 2010-05-25 18:26, cgauffin wrote:
              > > Thanks for your suggestions. You encouraged me to keep on digging. And
              > > lo and behold, I did find it! The path had fourteen levels, with a
              > > structural logic that was beyond my feeble mind, so it took some
              > > ferreting. Evidently the whole branch where this (and lots of other
              > > stuff) is placed is outside the scope of file searches, making it the
              > > Mac equivalent of dot-files I guess.
              > Curiosity only (not a mac or linux user). Could you post the path where
              > you eventually found the ctb files?

            • cgauffin
              Message 6 of 21 , May 26, 2010
                Quote from the description if this group:

                ...The purpose of this list is to collect the group knowledge of the best tips, tricks, and tweaks for running NoteTab on Linux and other non-Windows operating systems. Common topics will be Linux, Unix, Mac OSX, Wine, ...

                //Claes

                --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, Len Tyree <len_tyree@...> wrote:

                > Hi and thanks...
                > But I do not understand why I am getting all of these e-mails explaining the NTB workings on a MAC OS system.
                >
                > I am running Ubuntu 10.04, and the problem is I am unable to extract anything from my USB Drive, a seagate 160 GB drive. The system says it does not recognize the drive??? It did work ok on ubuntu 9.10, but then it closed down??
                >
                > I reloaded Ubuntu 9.10 but then it would not work again??
                >
                > Any ideas?
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Len Tyree
                Message 7 of 21 , May 26, 2010
                  Hi Greg:
                  Did not mean to 'spam' anything. Just wanted to understand why those e-mails (6) were sent to me concerning something I knew nothing about. Maybe I signed up to a NoteTab forum or something long ago, and now forgot about. I had NoteTab Pro when I was on Windows, but had a hard time getting it back when I went to Ubuntu/Linux; sent Fookes a message or two, and finally got it back, but had to fork up another $19 for it. No problem. (It's worth it).

                  I responded to each one of those messages with the same message not knowing that they would land on the same desk. No spam, sorry.
                  Len Tyree.

                  ________________________________

                  Message 8 of 21 , May 26, 2010
                    I started this list for anyone wanting to use NoteTab on systems other than Windows. It is mostly using Wine on Linux, since that is what most of us use, but any OS that can run Wine (or even emulators), is welcome discussion.

                    Larry Hamilton

                    Message 9 of 21 , May 26, 2010
                      Claes,

                      Thanks for this path. I am sure it will be helpful next time another user has a question with Wine on Mac.

                      Man, that is one long convoluted path though.

                      Larry Hamilton

                      Message 10 of 21 , May 26, 2010
                        http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/ubuntu-63/

                        Rather likely your query re Ubuntu and USB etc. will get answered (if
                        not already answered - be sure to search the forum) if you look there.

                        Lots hits for you returned at next re "ubuntu/usb"

                        http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Alinuxquestions.org%2Fquestions%2Fubuntu-63%2F+usb&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

                        site:whatever_domain.com searchword