Re: Finding a file/directory beginning with "."

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 11, 2009

      Thanks for your perseverance!

      I am not sure why, but running NoteTab Light via wine in and Ubuntu Jaunty Virtual Machine in Virtual Box is VERY slow. This virtual machine has 4 times the RAM as my old PC, so it should not be slow. It may be that I am running too many other apps in Windows, but the VM should be separate from that.

      I could not get the latest available wine for Ubuntu to install directly. I had to install 1.0 that is the latest stable in the normal Ubuntu repository. I then installed NoteTab Light right away, and it took forever. Still waiting on the Wine configuration to come up, as I was going to check that. Glad you found it Lee, should be a big help to others.

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 11, 2009
        Hope you get feeling better soon, Larry!

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 11, 2009
          FWIW I have to open the files in htdocs (in xampp) using this method too. That's the only way NT can find them.

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 12, 2009
            Yeah, that's generally the way I'm using it also (XAMPP).

            Lee

            http://leeunderwood.org/
            http://www.linkedin.com/in/LeeUnderwood2
            http://twitter.com/Lee_Underwood