[wine] NoteTab Pro Help Files

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2007
      I was on the Options screen for NoteTab, View > Options. I clicked the
      Help button and Wine offered to install the Gekko engine. I clicked ok
      to install it.

      Under the Help menu, Help Topics does not display, but
      Help on Clip Programming and Help on REguler Expressions display.

      The Contents tab works to display the information in the HTML style
      help, i.e. the CHM file. However, the Index, Search, and Favorites
      tabs do not work.

      I do not have any Linux CHM software installed, such as xchm, or
      gnochm, etc.

      I launched NoteTab Pro from the command line, to see what errors were
      generated. There were plenty of lines with "fixme:shdocvw:..." and
      "fixme:mshtml:...". Perhaps the dlls for these functions will make a
      difference. NOTE: WineHQ points out that there are some dlls that must
      not use the Native dlls, but Wine's builtins. I won't re-create the
      list in this message.

      I wanted to be sure and write up this finding while it was fresh on my
      mind.

      Here is the info on my system, I built a clip to hold this
      information. I included the commands that can be used to gather this
      information.:

      Hardware:
      Processor: i686 Celeron (Coppermine) GenuineIntel (uname -a) 1GHz
      RAM: 256 MB
      Operating System:
      Linux: Slackware 12, kernel 2.6.21.5-smp (uname -r or uname -a)
      Desktop: XFCE desktop 4.4.1
      Variety: NoteTab Pro
      Version: 5.41 (Help > About)
      Wine:
      Version: 0.9.45 (wine --version)
      Package: wine-0.9.45-i486-1kjz.tgz (Linuxpackages.net)

      If no one else beats me to it, I will see about building a clip to
      gather this information on the fly and save having to update a static
      clip manually.