Re: [ntb-linux] Browser configuration

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26, 2009
      I use have both of the following and they work fine (I can't remember which one actually does it):

      View --> Options --> Internet --> Main browser/Other browser
      firefox %u

      And in the same directory as where NoteTab is located, there is a file called "Browers.dat". In it I have:

      [Firefox]
      ;Command=C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe -browser
      z:\usr\lib\firefox\firefox %u
      UseDDE=1
      Application=Firefox

      Hope it works for you.

      Lee

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 28, 2009
        MarkH,

        Did the suggestions from the others help?

        It is possible and NoteTab can either interact with the Linux version of these programs, or the Windows versions running in Wine.

        Depending on which way you are using it, the setup is different. With the Windows versions, you just set the path as normal in Windows.

        I have been away from the PC for a few days, so have not been able to review this. I only have Linux at home.

        If you have any problems, please let us know.

        ~ Larry

        --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, MarkH <pm9000@...> wrote:

        > From NoteTab in Wine - View, Options, Internet, Main browser/Other browser
        >
        > Can any kind soul advise if it possible to get these to point to Opera
        > and Firefox in my Linux Mint?
        >
        > Regards,
        > MarkH
      • MarkH
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 28, 2009
          Hi all,

          I've only tried Lee's solution - it looks a lot simpler!

          Again, I'm using Linux Mint.

          Not sure if Lee meant to comment out the word Command=

          I'm a novice here, and don't know significance of the %u

          With settings below, I've not been able to instantiate Firefox.

          But Opera does come up, with error, and doesn't show the page.

          I just seem annoyingly close to getting this working.

          Regards,
          Mark

          #
          Lee's message:

          View --> Options --> Internet --> Main browser/Other browser
          firefox %u

          And in the same directory as where NoteTab is located, there is a file
          called "Browers.dat". In it I have:

          [Firefox]
          ;Command=C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe -browser
          z:\usr\lib\firefox\firefox %u
          UseDDE=1
          Application=Firefox

          #
          Main Browser: Firefox %u
          Other browser: Opera %u

          #
          My contents of Browsers.dat in Wine's
          /home/markh/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/NoteTab
          is

          [Opera]
          Command=z:\usr\lib\opera\9.64\opera %u
          UseDDE=1
          Application=Opera

          [Firefox]
          Command=z:\usr\lib\firefox\firefox-3.0.13\firefox %u
          UseDDE=1
          Application=Firefox

          #
          Opera encountered a problem during plug-in set-up.
          Plug-ins will not work properly.
          Check your installation.

          Could not locate plug-in executable 'operapluginwrapper'
          This executable is included in the install package.

          Searched directory:

          You tried to access the address z:/home/markh/Sec/Otl/test.html, which
          is currently unavailable.

          The URL http://%u contains characters that are not valid in the location
          they are found.