Browser configuration

  • MarkH
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26 8:49 AM
      From NoteTab in Wine - View, Options, Internet, Main browser/Other browser

      Can any kind soul advise if it possible to get these to point to Opera
      and Firefox in my Linux Mint?

      Regards,
      MarkH
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 26 9:11 AM
        Larry Hamilton shared this clip to launch FF a while back. Don't know if it is compatible with F3x as I'm still using 2x. Could probably be modified to launch Opera also. Remember to adjust for lines broken in the email:

        ;03/05/2005 Larry Hamilton
        ;5/23/2007 Updated for NoteTab 5.x and Firefox 2.0.
        ;Launch current file in Firefox, can modify for any browser.
        ;^!Shell "z:\usr\bin\firefox /home/sister/wine/program files/NoteTab Pro 5/^**"
        ;^!Shell "/usr/bin/firefox ^**"
        ;^!SetDebug ON
        ^!Set %name%=^$GetFileName(^**)$
        ^!Set %dir%=^$GetPath(^**)$
        ;^!Info ^%dir%^%name%
        ;Folowing removes C:\
        ^!Set %path%=^$StrDeleteLeft("^%dir%";3)$
        ;Following changes \ to / for proper Linux path.
        ^!Set %path%=^$StrReplace("\";"/";"^%path%^%name%";false;true)$
        ;NOTE: If Firefox 1.5 is already running, this does NOT give it the focus. It does work with Firefox 2.0.
        ^!Shell "/usr/bin/firefox file:///^%path%"
        ;^!FocusApp "*Mozilla Firefox"
        ;^!Keyboard ALT+TAB

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 26 9:18 AM
          I use have both of the following and they work fine (I can't remember which one actually does it):

          View --> Options --> Internet --> Main browser/Other browser
          firefox %u

          And in the same directory as where NoteTab is located, there is a file called "Browers.dat". In it I have:

          [Firefox]
          ;Command=C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe -browser
          z:\usr\lib\firefox\firefox %u
          UseDDE=1
          Application=Firefox

          Hope it works for you.

          Lee

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 28 5:33 AM
            MarkH,

            Did the suggestions from the others help?

            It is possible and NoteTab can either interact with the Linux version of these programs, or the Windows versions running in Wine.

            Depending on which way you are using it, the setup is different. With the Windows versions, you just set the path as normal in Windows.

            I have been away from the PC for a few days, so have not been able to review this. I only have Linux at home.

            If you have any problems, please let us know.

            ~ Larry

            --- In ntb-linux@yahoogroups.com, MarkH <pm9000@...> wrote:

            > From NoteTab in Wine - View, Options, Internet, Main browser/Other browser
            >
            > Can any kind soul advise if it possible to get these to point to Opera
            > and Firefox in my Linux Mint?
            >
            > Regards,
            > MarkH
          • MarkH
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 28 9:39 AM
              Hi all,

              I've only tried Lee's solution - it looks a lot simpler!

              Again, I'm using Linux Mint.

              Not sure if Lee meant to comment out the word Command=

              I'm a novice here, and don't know significance of the %u

              With settings below, I've not been able to instantiate Firefox.

              But Opera does come up, with error, and doesn't show the page.

              I just seem annoyingly close to getting this working.

              Regards,
              Mark

              #
              Lee's message:

              View --> Options --> Internet --> Main browser/Other browser
              firefox %u

              And in the same directory as where NoteTab is located, there is a file
              called "Browers.dat". In it I have:

              [Firefox]
              ;Command=C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe -browser
              z:\usr\lib\firefox\firefox %u
              UseDDE=1
              Application=Firefox

              #
              Main Browser: Firefox %u
              Other browser: Opera %u

              #
              My contents of Browsers.dat in Wine's
              /home/markh/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/NoteTab
              is

              [Opera]
              Command=z:\usr\lib\opera\9.64\opera %u
              UseDDE=1
              Application=Opera

              [Firefox]
              Command=z:\usr\lib\firefox\firefox-3.0.13\firefox %u
              UseDDE=1
              Application=Firefox

              #
              Opera encountered a problem during plug-in set-up.
              Plug-ins will not work properly.
              Check your installation.

              Could not locate plug-in executable 'operapluginwrapper'
              This executable is included in the install package.

              Searched directory:

              You tried to access the address z:/home/markh/Sec/Otl/test.html, which
              is currently unavailable.

              The URL http://%u contains characters that are not valid in the location
              they are found.