Re: [ezt] installing easy thumbnails on a mac, possible?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2009
      I have not tried it on Linux with Wine for a while. I am the one who
      tested all the Fookes products and reported back to Eric that they all
      work on Linux with Wine. I am one of the regular beta testers, and
      Fooke's software are one of the few programs keeping my foot in the
      Windows world on my personal computers.

      To make sure, I just now downloaded and installed EZThumbs to my Ubuntu
      Jaunty system and it runs just like one expects it to and correctly
      created a test thumbnail.

      All Fookes Software runs on Linux and Mac with Wine, or CodeWeavers
      fee-based version, which has a Mac port. Parallels should also work, as
      should using VM (Virtual Machine) software.

      The EZThumbs download page,
      http://www.fookes.com/downloads.php?product=ezthumbs, also mentions that
      it is supported on Linux and Mac via Wine.

      I suggest trying the Mac version of Wine, since it is free, and see if
      that will meet your needs without a dual-boot option. I also believe
      that many of the free VM products run well on Wine. This would allow you
      to install your version of Windows to a Virtual computer that you would
      run just like any other program on your Mac, and avoid the dual-boot
      scenario. If you have a license to an unused copy of Windows, running it
      in a virtual environment is the one way it will run without any
      unexpected issues, although it will use the most disk space and use the
      more resources than using it via Wine.

      I moderate the NoteTab on Linux list on YahooGroups,
      http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-linux/. We mostly discuss
      NoteTab, but the list is for any Fookes software. We mostly focus on
      Wine, but also discuss other means of running Windows programs on other
      operating systems. I believe we have a few users who have Macs. I have
      not worked with a Mac since the early 90's, when I used a friends. I
      hope to get one someday, but they are outside the price I can justify to
      my wife right now. ;-)

      I know that we would like to get input from users of all non-Windows
      operating systems and how Fookes Software works for you. We want to help
      Eric expand his product base so he can continue to update all the
      software so many of us use everyday.

      Please let us know how things work out, so we all know.

      I am CC'ing this to the ntb-linux list.

      Larry Hamilton

      Subscribe: ntb-linux-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 11, 2009
        I also have EZThumbs running with Wine. No problems.