Re: [ntb-linux] NoteTab 6.0 Released Today

    Message 1 of 5 , May 4, 2009
      Thanks for the info, Larry. I downloaded it but it installed into a different directory. I didn't want to copy over files I already have set-up. Do you know if it will work if I just copy the new NotePro.exe file into the old 5.x directory?

      BTW, when I copied some text from a page, I still got some of the "weird" characters. The one specific thing that I see is that, many times, " and ' are not converted. Also, the cursor problem is still there. (Running Ubuntu 7.10)

      Oh well, I have become so used to it now, I don't even seem to notice it.

      Kudos for the free upgrade! A great product and a great company!

      Lee

      Message 2 of 5 , May 4, 2009
        > downloaded it but it installed into a different directory. I
        > didn't want to copy over files I already have set-up. Do you
        > know if it will work if I just copy the new NotePro.exe file
        > into the old 5.x directory?

        Yes, it will work, you will not have the new sample clip library and other updated files, but it will work as expected.

        > BTW, when I copied some text from a page, I still got some
        > of the "weird" characters. The one specific thing that I see
        > is that, many times, " and ' are not converted. Also, the
        > cursor problem is still there. (Running Ubuntu 7.10)

        If you have a URL of a page to illustrate the example, that will help Eric address that issue.

        > Kudos for the free upgrade! A great product and a great
        > company!

        Eric does a good job. Thankfully, this change was easier to implement that he thought.

        Message 3 of 5 , May 4, 2009

          > --- On Mon, 5/4/09, Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Thanks for the info, Larry. I
          > > downloaded it but it installed into a different directory. I
          > > didn't want to copy over files I already have set-up. Do you
          > > know if it will work if I just copy the new NotePro.exe file
          > > into the old 5.x directory?
          >
          > Yes, it will work, you will not have the new sample clip library and other updated files, but it will work as expected.

          I'm aware of the new samples but what do you mean by "other updated files"? Will I be missing out new features? I'm just trying to make this as easy as possible. I have a lot of clip files and have made changes to many others, in addition to the set-up.

          > > BTW, when I copied some text from a page, I still got some
          > > of the "weird" characters. The one specific thing that I see
          > > is that, many times, " and ' are not converted. Also, the
          > > cursor problem is still there. (Running Ubuntu 7.10)
          >
          > If you have a URL of a page to illustrate the example, that will help Eric address that issue.

          You can check this page: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/131164
          especially the quotes.

          Thanks.
          Message 4 of 5 , May 4, 2009

            > > --- On Mon, 5/4/09, Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > > Thanks for the info, Larry. I
            > > > downloaded it but it installed into a different directory. I
            > > > didn't want to copy over files I already have set-up. Do you
            > > > know if it will work if I just copy the new NotePro.exe file
            > > > into the old 5.x directory?
            > >
            > > Yes, it will work, you will not have the new sample clip library and other updated files, but it will work as expected.
            >
            > I'm aware of the new samples but what do you mean by "other updated files"? Will I be missing out new features? I'm just trying to make this as easy as possible. I have a lot of clip files and have made changes to many others, in addition to the set-up.

            Things like the What's new, readme, and the sample clip library. The help files have not bee updated yet. There is nothing you will be missing, as far as functionality, if you copy the exe and the updated sample clip library.

            > > > BTW, when I copied some text from a page, I still got some
            > > > of the "weird" characters. The one specific thing that I see
            > > > is that, many times, " and ' are not converted. Also, the
            > > > cursor problem is still there. (Running Ubuntu 7.10)
            > >
            > > If you have a URL of a page to illustrate the example, that will help Eric address that issue.
            >
            > You can check this page: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/131164
            > especially the quotes.

            Thanks, I'll have to check into that.