NoteTab 6.0 Released Today

    Message 1 of 5 , May 4, 2009
      NoteTab jumped to version 6.0 after several beta testing iterations.

      This is a free update to 5x users.

      The big change it support of display of UTF-8 and other related changes.

      This should fix the issue of copying webpages into NoteTab and getting weird characters that have been reported on this list.

      There is still beta testing going on to polish some rough edges. This release will get it out to lots of users and help identify all the issues the beta group has not found.

      The beta versions work in Wine, I have not yet updated to 6.0.

      Please share any issues you fine.

      Message 2 of 5 , May 4, 2009
        Thanks for the info, Larry. I downloaded it but it installed into a different directory. I didn't want to copy over files I already have set-up. Do you know if it will work if I just copy the new NotePro.exe file into the old 5.x directory?

        BTW, when I copied some text from a page, I still got some of the "weird" characters. The one specific thing that I see is that, many times, " and ' are not converted. Also, the cursor problem is still there. (Running Ubuntu 7.10)

        Oh well, I have become so used to it now, I don't even seem to notice it.

        Kudos for the free upgrade! A great product and a great company!

        Lee

        Message 3 of 5 , May 4, 2009
          > downloaded it but it installed into a different directory. I
          > didn't want to copy over files I already have set-up. Do you
          > know if it will work if I just copy the new NotePro.exe file
          > into the old 5.x directory?

          Yes, it will work, you will not have the new sample clip library and other updated files, but it will work as expected.

          > BTW, when I copied some text from a page, I still got some
          > of the "weird" characters. The one specific thing that I see
          > is that, many times, " and ' are not converted. Also, the
          > cursor problem is still there. (Running Ubuntu 7.10)

          If you have a URL of a page to illustrate the example, that will help Eric address that issue.

          > Kudos for the free upgrade! A great product and a great
          > company!

          Eric does a good job. Thankfully, this change was easier to implement that he thought.

          Message 4 of 5 , May 4, 2009

            > --- On Mon, 5/4/09, Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Thanks for the info, Larry. I
            > > downloaded it but it installed into a different directory. I
            > > didn't want to copy over files I already have set-up. Do you
            > > know if it will work if I just copy the new NotePro.exe file
            > > into the old 5.x directory?
            >
            > Yes, it will work, you will not have the new sample clip library and other updated files, but it will work as expected.

            I'm aware of the new samples but what do you mean by "other updated files"? Will I be missing out new features? I'm just trying to make this as easy as possible. I have a lot of clip files and have made changes to many others, in addition to the set-up.

            > > BTW, when I copied some text from a page, I still got some
            > > of the "weird" characters. The one specific thing that I see
            > > is that, many times, " and ' are not converted. Also, the
            > > cursor problem is still there. (Running Ubuntu 7.10)
            >
            > If you have a URL of a page to illustrate the example, that will help Eric address that issue.

            You can check this page: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/131164
            especially the quotes.

            Thanks.
            Message 5 of 5 , May 4, 2009

              > > --- On Mon, 5/4/09, Lee Underwood <leeu@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > > Thanks for the info, Larry. I
              > > > downloaded it but it installed into a different directory. I
              > > > didn't want to copy over files I already have set-up. Do you
              > > > know if it will work if I just copy the new NotePro.exe file
              > > > into the old 5.x directory?
              > >
              > > Yes, it will work, you will not have the new sample clip library and other updated files, but it will work as expected.
              >
              > I'm aware of the new samples but what do you mean by "other updated files"? Will I be missing out new features? I'm just trying to make this as easy as possible. I have a lot of clip files and have made changes to many others, in addition to the set-up.

              Things like the What's new, readme, and the sample clip library. The help files have not bee updated yet. There is nothing you will be missing, as far as functionality, if you copy the exe and the updated sample clip library.

              > > > BTW, when I copied some text from a page, I still got some
              > > > of the "weird" characters. The one specific thing that I see
              > > > is that, many times, " and ' are not converted. Also, the
              > > > cursor problem is still there. (Running Ubuntu 7.10)
              > >
              > > If you have a URL of a page to illustrate the example, that will help Eric address that issue.
              >
              > You can check this page: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/131164
              > especially the quotes.

              Thanks, I'll have to check into that.