Wine 1.1.18 Released (Long)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2009
      Wine 1.1.18 was released on Friday, and the Slackware package became available today. Wine 1.1.17 was released two weeks ago, but no formal Slackaware package was made, so I could not test that version of Wine.

      1.) The same annoyance type issues exist. Loss of minimize button after minimize and restore (Delphi issue as per Eric); apparent cursor position (Pro only); click and move cursor to select library from library bar; flashing of tabs when CTRL+TAB or CRL+SHIFT+TAB but not when click a tab.

      2.) NoteTab 5.8 was also released, so I updated to that and still the same Wine issues.

      3.) I have an issue where NoteTab Standard will not download the latest update on Wine, it is fine on Windows. If any of you have Standard, let me know if you get a message asking about a download manager and no download. I have never used a download manager, and do not know if they exist for Linux and don't care. ;-)

      I will also need to know your version of NoteTab Standard, version of Wine, and Linux distribution and version. This information can be gathered easily with the clip in the Files area of this Yahoo Group. NOTE: Both Pro and Light download the update fine, ONLY Standard has this issue. I had this same issue with Standard 5.7.

      4.) I tried something new with Pro and the issue of the apparent cursor position. I like seeing the Nonprinting text, VIEW > Nonprinting text (Shift+F12). I realized that since that is not the "out of the box" configuration, that turning it off might help us learn something. I did not find a difference in behavior with it on or off. There is a difference from before, pressing enter for me at the bottom of a full Notetab page/screen adds a new line, but the apparent position of the cursor moves up. Previously it stayed put. As before typing enters text on the correct line and not where the cursor's visual representation is. Since I went to 5.8 of Pro AFTER going to Wine 1.1.18 from 1.1.16, I do not know which program contains the change in behavior, although I feel it must be Wine.

      5.) Eric mentioned on the NoteTab Basic list that he is working on a new flavor of NoteTab that will have a lot of features people have been asking for for a long time. We'll have to wait until Eric gives us more information.

      As always, let us know if you find any new issues if you update to the latest NoteTab or Wine, with specifics of how to reproduce and platform and versions.